Tuesday, February 21, 2006


I Have a Confession To Make


No I don't steal pens from my job, mainly because they don't give us any, it every man for himself in my office! No my confession is much more serious than this. No...I didn't kill anyone either just in case you were picking up your telephones ready to dial 911 or America's Most Wanted. What is my confession? I have NEVER been an American Idol fan....NEVER!!

I know..How can someone like me? So obsessed with pop culture and reality TV not like American Idol? Well, I can't really answer that question, maybe it was because I just never got into it, or maybe it was because I was too excited for Paradise Hotel to come on afterwards that I couldn't focus on it...I don't know the exact reason, but I do know that until this year I had never really watched anything Idol besides the auditions, and even that got to be a little too much for me to handle after a while. But this year Fox has done something pretty smart. (Which they might have done every year, but since I never watched I wouldn't know!) They started American Idol when NOTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD was on TV!! And when I say nothing, I literally mean nothing, not even my trusty CBS could carry me through on Tuesday's anymore seeing as I am not an NCIS fan whatsoever! So what happened? I have fallen to the feet of American Idol, I have accepted defeat and the last couple of weeks I have been tuning in (without admitting it to anyone), but now it is time to come clean.

I am PRAYING everyday that nothing will come on on Tuesday's after February sweeps are over because if something good comes on I am going to have some serious commitment issues here! Now...I already know I cannot commit to tomorrow's show unless Veronica Mars is a repeat (but I know it isn't) and I'm semi-freaking out! Who am I? What have I become?! And why did I give in and watch today? Because my friend Ben from Taylor Bunts told me to watch so we would have something to talk about tomorrow....DAMNIT BEN! What am I going to do??

Well...At least I got it out, and now if ya'll want to discuss American Idol, I'm here for you! P.S. I like EVERYONE!! It is so hard to come up with a favorite so far! WHO AM I?!! (I like Kellie Pickler 'cause she is so darn cute! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Paris Bennett...I mean, but yeah I haven't watched carefully enough to have a favorite at all! ;) )

No comments: