Friday, August 12, 2005

Next Week On...

So TV is officially RUINING my life, you make think that this is a bold statement, but it really is. I will explain. Every week when one of my favorite (really terrible) shows end I hear those life altering words, "Next week on..." And a strange feeling of anticipation comes over me. I just cannot wait till next week. So each day I sit at work and count down the days until the next Real World, or Laguna Beach, or Kill Reality (A new favorite of mine!) and before I know it the next episode is on and thirty minutes later I am waiting all over again for none other than the next week to come.

Last night I threw myself even further into the hole as I picked up yet ANOTHER show to become addicted to, Kill Reality. When it ended and I watched the previews for next week I was overcome with that feeling again. Then quickly I was overcome with another feeling...One of fear, because I all the sudden realized that if I wasn't careful before I knew it I would be 85, still living at home, single and STILL watching Real World. My life revolves around TV shows, from week to week I focus only on the anticipation of the new shows and totally forget everything else that should be worthwhile in my life, because of course when Real World is on, what else matters? This last year flew by, so it is an understandable fear to think that my entire life will pass me by and I will have to blame it on none other than TV.

Then of course I just HAD to watch the next show which was Filthy Rich, and this cannot go without discussion. This show has got to be a joke, I find it very hard to believe that people can be that self-absorbed and ungrateful. When you have everything in the world due to you FATHER or MOTHER how on earth can you be ungrateful. The fates have given you a luck of the draw and you are seriously going to be ungrateful! Ugh!! Not only that, but these kids are REALLY dumb too! It's just unreal, it might be the worst show I have seen since My Super Sweet Sixteen, its just plain terrible, so of course I am going to watch every single episode now! I just can't help it, like I said TV controls my life now.

But I guess it's life and I only live once, but I'm not going to stop watching because I need to bring important news to you like...WATCH KILL REALITY!

As Ferris Bueller said, "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and take a look around once in a while, you could miss it." So yes, life moves fast and maybe it is due to TV and maybe it isn't, when I figure it out, I'll update you. Next Week on So Tres Fetch: I'll try to figure out how to slow life down...Stay tuned (and I pass the anxiety on to you!)

No comments: