Tuesday, October 18, 2005



Ok…I feel like it has been a while since I have had a random rant, and I am WAAAAAY over due for one! This is my problem that I am having with Hollywood Life versus Beth Life right now. Not only do celebrities get to have all the clothes and cars and get to lunch during the day, but they also (for the most part) look good while doing it.

What I am basically trying to get at is why is it possible that celebrities in Hollywood can wear really cute high heeled shoes EVERYDAY and look comfortable, whereas I wear my shoes for an hour and I am searching for either the nearest pair of sneakers or a box of band-aids? Are celebrities just born with a “manolo gene” that makes it a comfortable wearing experience for them? And if so, does this mean that since I am only comfortable in my sneakers that I am destined to never make it big in the socialite world? I find this hard to believe so I have come up with a couple of answers as to why celebrities can wear amazing six inch stilettos and I cannot. (The “manolo gene” is not one of my saner theories)

My first theory is this, since celebrities have so much money, they get all of their shoes specially made to fit every contour of their foot, therefore ensuring that they are NEVER in pain. Cleary this is not going to be a feasible option for me seeing as I can hardly afford a normal pair of shoes let alone a custom made pair.

My next theory is similar to the first and I think it might be what the “older” generation of celebrities might indulge in. Instead of having their shoes custom made, seeing as that could inhibit you from buying the shoes that you really want at the moment you want them, celebrities are having their feet surgically enhanced so that they either, A) have extra padding in them, B) are shaped to be comfortable in any shoe or C) have their feet injected with some sort of chemical which leaves you with no feeling in your feet whatsoever. (The last might prove to be a bad theory seeing as you may have trouble walking if you cannot feel your feet) All of these also prove to be too expensive for me as well.

My third theory is this, maybe they just carry their shoes with them everywhere they are and when they spot the paparazzi they call for a time-out and switch shoes. (This theory also supports my “why celebrities are carrying bigger and bigger bags everyday”) However, then this would make almost every picture of a celebrity not an actual candid shot…so therefore making all of those incriminating pictures actually…PLANNED?!! Hmmm…maybe I should look into this; maybe they only get caught doing those incriminating things when they have on comfortable shoes. Maybe Hollywood is actually run by SHOES!

Oh well…I guess I will just have to keep a box of band-aids and an extra pair of shoes with me until I can figure out the real reason as to why celebrities can wear high heels and look fabulous and I can’t!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I disagree with the last post.....I think this is better...Awesome blog you have here.

I have a free stuff site. It is all about free stuff related stuff and is worth the time if you like free food.