Monday, October 31, 2005

Welcome to SlutFest...A.K.A. Halloween

So...apparently I didn't get the memo that Halloween is now a total slutfest. Okay, I got the memo, I just ignored it! I feel like everywhere I went this weekend there were just girls in tinier and tinier outfits. Now, before I had given into this whole phenomenon (nice girl turns slut because October 31st comes around), but this year I just couldn't bring myself to it (not to mention my friends refused to dress up which disappointed me a little bit). Regardless though, my not dressing up didn't seem to save me from the sluts. They were everywhere and in abundance. Now, guys, I know you are all probably cursing me for saying this because next to Mardi Gras Halloween is probably the only time of year you can find girls half naked and ready, willing, and able to make out with the first guy they see in a Santa Suit (or really any other costume, I just pick Santa due to the fact that he seemed to be getting all the action when we were out Saturday night), but too bad!

Anyway, I wouldn’t mind the skankfest too much if the costumes were at least original, but unfortunately they weren’t at all. It seemed as though the theme of the night was how short I can get my skirt and how low can my shirt go. (Again, a treat for every guy in the room.) Everywhere we looked…lamer and lamer costumes. But, I guess I can’t complain seeing as the trend will never end and next year I will go back to just giving in and I will too dress up, but with discretion.

However, I would like to share with you all my favorite costume of the night. We came across three people dressed as none other than Dorothy, the Scarecrow, and the Lion from the Wizard of Oz. However, something wasn’t right. The Scarecrow had on a Ramirez jersey, and then we soon realized that the Lion (after he disrobed) on a Varitek Jersey, and they were missing their tin man! Well…seeing as I was out with all Yankee’s fans and the fact that we were perplexed by the absence of the Tin Man we sent over our trusty Alana to ask what was up with their costumes. Well, Dorothy took over and told us, that she herself was also wearing a Red Sox jersey. She told us she was wearing a Damon jersey because Damon was a girl, and that the Lion was wearing a Varitek jersey because he is a coward, and that the Scarecrow was wearing a Schilling jersey because he has no brains. Then she told us that they had actually lost the Tin Man on their journey to the bar (apparently he strayed off the Yellow Brick Road), but he was wearing a Ramirez jersey because Ramirez has no heart! (P.S. We liked them after that!)

I also have some favorite and not so favorite costumes from Hollywood. Coming in as my FAVORITE costume, Tyra Banks dressed up as Paris Hilton, she hit it DEAD ON other than the fact that she is giving her a little too much class.

My other favorite had to be Denise Richard’s children. Only ‘because they are sooooo cute in their costumes.



Now…at first I hated Adam Brody’s costume, but then when I saw him with the whole thing one…AND the fact that he was WITH Rachel Bilson, I pretty much loved it. So girls…take notes, there is NO NEED to come to a party half naked to have a good costume!

No comments: