Thursday, March 02, 2006



Dear J.J. Abrams,

I applaud for having not one, not two, but three hit shows in which you feature the worlds hottest men in! You must give me your address book because I would LOVE to have the numbers of your leading men, Matthew Fox, Michael Vartan and Scott Speedman! But lately I have had a semi-problem with you.

Your shows sometimes tend to lose their luster and sheen and become the "same ol', same ol'" and no longer nail biting and thrilling. Now I am a huge fan of Lost and I REALLY don't want to see this show go down that same path and lately, well, I kinda, sorta, saw it creeping towards that road sign. Last night you redeemed my faith in you though and I finally figured out why the last couple of episodes just weren't doing it for me! It's the montage buddy. Sure it's sweet, sure it wraps things up when you have had an otherwise emotionally stressful episode, and yeah, it's pretty...But it lacks the most important key elements of the "Lost Sparkle". It was missing the nail biting cliff hanging feeling that makes you want to see the next episode! Remember when the last thing we saw in one episode was a bright light shooting out of the hatch?! Remember how badly we couldn't wait to see what was next?! Well...The montage of Charlie and Sawyer and Claire on the beach...Didn't really leave me with that yearning feeling of wanting MUCH more!

So J.J., I give you the advice I give my girlfriends when going out on a first date. Give us a taste...A sweet taste...But then ALWAYS leave us wanting more...We'll be sure to call the next week if you do that!!

Love And Devotion to Lost Always,
Bitchin' Beth

P.S. you TOTALLY accomplished the "wanting more" this week...Holding out on us can only pay off more in the end!

No comments: