Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Real World Report


With a little bit of 8th and Ocean mixed in at the end for your reading enjoyment!

I know you are all dying to know my new thoughts on the cast of real world. So here they are!

Let me start at a familiar place...With Tyler. Once again I am beginning to see that Tyler and Svettie will NOT be friends. Svettie seems to really dislike Tyler. And can I really blame him? I mean honestly he was kind of mean to her when she was genuinely concerned about Paula's well being. He even told his friend "Fitch" on the phone that Paula was the "anorexic girl that he was scared was going to break in half when she entered the house" so if he is aware that the girl has a problem why is he trying to downplay the issue to everyone else in the house? I love that Tyler had everyone go out to the gay bar, and then got mad when everyone left. I mean, give the guy a break, he goes out to straight bars every night with them, why couldn't they at least give him one night at the gay bar, and stay?! I like that Janelle is the one that grounds him and makes him a "better person" especially since I dislike her so much and I think she is about as real as Svettie's boobs. Oh wait...Sorry those are real, she's told us that many times! Well then she is about as real as...MY INTEREST IN 8TH AND OCEAN!

Okay...I liked at the end when Tyler realized that just because he was comfortable at the gay bar didn't mean that John should be. I'm not sure if he meant that as a non-effective argumentative point, or if it was his "ah-ha" moment. It really showed me how The Real World IS a tool for personal growth. And speaking of personal growth how excited were we when John decided that Tyler was right and even LET him give him a hug! Speaking of John, he claims that he wasn't comfortable at the gay bar, but he seemed to be right at home up on that stage with the "female impersonators" (Hey john...There is a REAL name for that...Try one of these next time: cross dresser, transvestite, transexual, drag queen..Use whichever is appropriate in the situation, these are much more intelligent sounding then "female impersonators") and when he came home with Jose and Zack and had a "romp" in the pool with them...I'm not going to lie, it looked as though John had no problem with homosexuality at all! Maybe that's why he wanted to leave so badly because he realized that he...Gasp...Enjoyed it!

Hmm...Jose once again..Staying out of the drama...Good boy! Zack too this time seemed to stray a little farther from Paula as to not get himself involved, I think it's a good move on both of their parts, but I will say I liked how both Jose and Zack wanted to go back to the gay bar because they wanted to dance...Therefore making John look like even MORE of a meathead!

Svettie was hilarious. She didn't want to go to the gay bar because she was afraid that their would be be young boys there hooking up with older men? Um..Where on earth did this mental picture come from? Not to mention the fact that she is worried about young boys being there? Shouldn't she be happy seeing as she is 19?!! I don't get where the mental picture come from since that isn't really the first thing I think of when I think of a gay bar, but then again I'm not Svettie! (You might have not known that but one look at my lacking chest and you would have noticed that we aren't the same person!) Not to mention the fact that she was thinking of her brother? Is her brother gay? I personally loved when Tyler was like, no it will probably be a bunch of 30 year olds and 40 year olds there, and her response was priceless, "Great now I'm going to think of my dad!!" Her dad had her when he was a gay 11 year old? What a weird family dynamic this girl has!

Janelle: self proclaimed bitch...Once again not proving it as she runs to comfort Paula when she cried yet again! Although I swear I read her mind during the comforting session and I think she said something along the lines of "Oh shit, why did I get involved I thought this would be a quick easy conversation not a water works!" And Paula couldn't be anymore of a flip-flopper if she tried. She would be massacred if she were in a political race. Last week you will remember that she told Zack, "I feel like I have to prove to everyone now that I'm not unstable, like I don't cry all the time" and then this week she told us. "I just cry all the time when I drink. Like you will notice when I'm sad, I'm really sad, and when I'm happy I'm really happy." (Hey Svettie maybe that has something to do with her "relationship with her father") OR MAYBE...It's because she is an anorexic manic depressive? I don't know though, just a thought!

I hate how they keep trying to guess what is wrong with Paula when really all they have to do is ask. Oh wait, they did, and Paula cried...Wow she cried? And then told us she hates how everyone wants to get to know each other so fast...Well....You are living together. I predict...Paula might not make it 'till the end and if she does, she wont make it 'till the end without telling us every week that she doesn't want to be there!

As for 8th and Ocean....It might be made by the creators of Laguna Beach, but I have one thing to say to Liz Gately. It's definitely no Laguna Beach and I doubt it will have the cult following of Laguna anytime soon. Although I did like one comment that was made by Sean, "Generally when I'm surrounded by hot girls the last thing on my mind is another guy!" Yeah...but you still could have called couldn't you?! I mean the boy did say he wanted anus and booty...help a brother out! I'm still going to watch next week and give it another shot, because I hated Laguna (I know I know, it's hard to believe) the first episode, but then I got hooked, so maybe, just maybe...I can like this too!

No comments: