Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Real World


Ok...So I watched Real World today since I didn't have the opportunity to watch it last night, but now that I have watched it, boy do I have a lot to say!

First off...Who else wants to be friends with Tyler?! 'Cause I SO do, but another thing I want is to never be on his bad side. I feel as though Tyler is going to be the "common sense comedy" of the bunch, but will also bring major drama as soon as one of his roommates crosses him. I really, really want him and Svetlana to be friends because I think it would be a really cute combo, but if that's going to happen my boy has to chill out with calling her "Slutlana". Unless she lives up to that name...Which I HOPE she does because she is sure to cause some drama with the female population of the house.

Don't call Svettie a Russian by the way...she doesn't like it!

What else? Well I think poor little Zack is going to get eaten alive, if not by Svettie (as cutie Cameron called her and I will too now!), then certainly by every other girl he comes in contact with in Key West. He seems a little too nice and a little to tool-ish not to get hurt about a zillion times, but lets admit, he is the guy we all know and love and would be with if we didn't have such a masochistic tendency to like the bad boys.

Which brings me to bad boy John. Ok, ok, so he ISN'T a bad boy, but boy is he bad! First of all, could he make himself out to be a meathead ANYMORE...DUDE? But, lets not ignore the obvious, he's hot, so like Svettie, if he just kept his mouth shut we would all hook up with him willingly! I think in the next episode I'm going to do a "dude" count and see just how many times the fabulous frat boy can utter the word! Tyler hit it right on the head when he said, "within the first five minutes I expected him to be chugging a beer and then smashing the can on his head." My prediction...Just wait, I'm sure we will see him do just this and WORSE! P.S. How funny was it when he put the dish soap in the dishwasher and then didn't even move to see the mess he created? A boy after my own "I didn't do it" heart!

Jose...Well I heart Jose and I will tell you why, he is smart, he doesn't pretend to be anything he isn't, and I'm kinda sure that he wont make much of an impact when it comes to the "drama factor". Although I do think he will provide us with many good times when it comes to the ladies, and maybe we might even see a return of the groupie drawer?? One can wish can't she!

Janelle puts on a good act, she comes in acting like she is too good for the house, but the first instant something is up with Paula she runs to her and comforts her. Although Janelle, don't think I didn't see that smirk on your face when Paula was having a mental breakdown...I saw it, and I think that you WILL prove to be a bitch, but I doubt that's how you really are. In a word...She didn't impress me, or bother me...I was indifferent!

Which brings me to Paula. First of all Paula has some clear problems. I think that the reason she decided to do Real World is her need for attention, but I also think that it is a cry for help as well. Now this is where I get serious. Although I might have had a slight chuckle when she was freaking out that no one was going to want to hang out with her since she proved to be emotionally unstable on their first night out. I might have even laughed a little bit when she told Tyler she isn't like that and she would now probably need to prove to everyone that it isn't a common occurrence for her to cry when out...But then she went and cried the next night and caused such a scene that they even had to leave where they were! (And PLEASE! If you all think that her outburst had nothing to do with Svettie and John getting a little close...You are clearly NOT a girl!)

Now for the seriousness...I feel as though it is COMPLETELY irresponsible for MTV to put someone on their show who has admitted to being bulimic. Now it is one thing to want to have a person who has gone through bulimia and now is as cured as one with an eating disorder can be to help to raise awareness, but its a totally other thing to have someone on the show who said that it happened a little while ago and never told us that she was over it. Which clearly she isn't. Furthermore they are putting her in a situation where body image is in your face every second...And PLACE, because lets face it Key West is known for beauty. Beautiful sunsets, beautiful houses, beautiful beaches, and beautiful bodies being flaunted on these beautiful beaches. I feel as though putting someone on this show who has body image issues...Especially with idiot boys who tell her her boobs are small, smooth John...Is like putting a heroin addict in a alleyway full of crack heads and heroin dealers...Just not a smart move. I also think that they clearly put her on this show for the "drama factor", but they didn't stop to think that POSSIBLY putting a girls health at risk wouldn't be a good idea. I mean...We do need the ratings right? IRRESPONSIBLE! I need to talk to someone about this.

Anyways...It's not like I'm planning on not watching though, I'm so there every Tuesday night and I will CLEARLY watch 8th and Ocean afterwards...And then bring my thoughts to you! What did you guys think?! I want to know, leave me comments!! :)

"Drama...I love it!"

No comments: